Tiberiam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiberiam

The official forum of the Judicial Republic of Tiberiam

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

International Neutrality Eliminated

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Civa-Orchestra

Civa-Orchestra

International Neutrality Eliminated Empty
PostSubject: International Neutrality Eliminated   International Neutrality Eliminated EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 4:21 pm

((This is probably a little shoddy. . . I apologize. It has been months since I've actually RP'd, so I am very rusty. But hey, I got to break myself in.))

Following recent legislation, the Anti-Defense and Neutrality Bill has been nullified. Originally passed over 15 years ago, by the previous Lord-Protector, it has dictated the Protectorate's foreign policy for all the years it has been in affect. It prohibits administering any funds into Defense, and creates an international policy of neutrality within the Protectorate.

Lord-Protector Rico d'Avrès, had been pushing for the bill's removal ever since he assumed the office. Support for its removal intensified during the North Sea Conflict. It soon became apparent that neutrality was useless without strong allies. What was even more handicapping was that the bill forbade the Protectorate from joining any form of alliance.

Soon enough, it became clear that the Anti-Defense and Neutrality Bill was more of a burden than a benefit. However, the Pacifista-Neutralista Party opposed any kind of abolishment of the bill. They claimed it was the only reason why the Protectorate avoided being dragged into the North Sea Conflict. They argued that it was the only way for the Protectorate to avoid all international conflicts. Sadly, the Pacifista-Neutralista Party has very little influence. Many thought that there was no honor in sitting around and doing nothing in a time of war. Honor is everything.

Its abolishment is indeed a stepping stone in Protectorate history. When asked to comment on the bill's nullification, our Great and Glorious Lord-Protector said:

"For years this bill has been a hindrance to the Protectorate. It was slowly choking us to death, and opening us for foreign invasion. I am surprised that it has been in effect for this long. Luckily, recent events have opened the eyes of our populace. Now that the bill is no more, it leaves room for expansion and prosperity."

When asked what changes are expected to happen:

"Obviously, we now possess the liberty to put a portion of our budget into Defense. This means the restoration of the VBO, which will be divided into five main groups. Soon enough, the Protectorate will be respected and honored like it was so many years ago. Also, we are planning on investing in new weapons and vehicles for war. They will be used to train the VBO.

We will also be able to enter international alliances, if the opportunity ever arises."

Below is a brief summary of the new VBO, that the Righteous Lord-Protector and Government saw fit to release to the public. The only thing left to do is move forward. May honor guide us to a new era.

__

Official Names: Valchiria Black Operations, Valchiria Black Ops, VBO
Divisions: Valchiria Land Operations, Valchira Naval Operations, Valchiria Air Operations, Valchiria Special Tactics, Valchiria Military Police
Special Training: Martial Arts- Taijutsu- Koshijutsu- Kyushojutsu
Uniform: Standard Combat Uniform
Further Information: First formed shortly after the creation of the Protectorate, the VBO has remained as the Protectorate's pride since its conception. Recruits are put through rigorous training. There is even a 20% mortality rate during training.

The soldiers of the VBO put a strong emphasis on training the human body, Koshijutsu, and Kyushojutsu. They are unrivaled in CQC and hand-to-hand combat. An Elite could easily paralyze or even kill another opponent using only a few strikes. As for modern weaponry, they are adequately skilled, but less training is done in that category. Also, each division is lead by a Lord-Knight.

At the VBO's height, they were hired by other nations as mercenaries. Their combat experience, discipline, and loyalty was widely admired. Ultimately, however, their loyalty always lies with the Protectorate. As it should be.

It is unknown whether or not they will begin this practice again, or whether they will be the Protectorate's main defense against foreign threats. In either case, they will continue to show the strength of the Protectorate.

Last edited by Civa-Orchestra on Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine

Oscalantine

Honor: Advanced RPer

PostSubject: Re: International Neutrality Eliminated   International Neutrality Eliminated EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 10:34 pm

The Oscalantine community was swamped by the Protectorate’s news. They have always been neutral… and now things are not? Oscalantine news was blazing about the obvious sign of the world heading into more violent future. The government of Oscalantine has been receiving letters urging Oscalantine to enter into a military alliance. The media of Oscalantine was going heyday on this issue, spawning millions of articles as to how weak Oscalantine military currently was and how in the world will they protect from superpowers near us like ImperialOverLord?

Oscalantine has been doing public speeches in attempts to stop this mob protest from happening any further. Some of the media was mentioning that Oscalantine must stop this advancement of military might in the west, making sure that the central country like Oscalantine will not be part of this sandwich of military might. Regardless, a congratulatory blessing from Oscalantine was in order.

~~~

Executor Nate stood up on the podium looking at his probably seventh public speech in this week alone. Nate took a deep breath and started his speech.

“Good after against Ladies and Gentleman of the press. For the Corporation.”

The crowd follows “For the Corporation.”

“Are you sick of all these public speeches? So am I. However, this is in much more positive note. I am here not to explain our military capacity, but more towards the acknowledgement and congratulation of our neighbor Civa Orchestra in their rise to interaction in the global community.”

“For the longest time, Civa Orchestra has been our silent neighbor to the far west, interacting with us very little in terms of trade, and none at all in any of the international actions. Therefore, this couldn’t be more momentous news. We of the Stockholders’ Council have been discussing, and we have concluded that we will from here on out acknowledge Civa Orchestra as a nation category in our nation instead of territorial region and shall extend our support towards our neighbors if they so request it. We also feel no immediate threat or harm in approving this new division of elites recruited by Civa Orchestra to protect their lands. And therefore we approve all the doings of Civa Orchestra, contrary to what many members of the press has been saying. I shall not condemn the country’s desire to protect its people. Our goals may be different, but our dream of better and stable country is the same. We shall support, not condemn, our neighbor in their act to a better tomorrow.”

“However, my ears have not gone deaf. Your requests have not gone silent. And I am happy to say that we are not all that weak. We have the Corporate Army, we have the navy. We have the mechanized division, and we have the world’s best cyber division. We will not be pushed around by the military might of different nations. We need not fear for the tomorrow. No, we should be excited at what the tomorrow offers. Ladies and Gentleman, I urge you to go out and tell the people the good news: Oscalantine is working towards a better tomorrow. Our military may be small, but do not count them out. We are small, but we are sleek and we are agile. We are better funded, and we are strong to a fault. When there are a war within our territory, we shall take measures against it.”

“So I urge all the members of the press to tell the people to not worry. We are still a nation, we are still powerful in international politics, and our military might can be matched with far more superior nations. However, we have heard what you are saying. We shall be attempting a military alliance with nations. The press has spoken, and we shall act. Oscalantine will no longer remain in armed neutrality with the nations. We will actively face nations and commit to their military alliances.”

Nate paused to take a sip of water. Everyone knew that there was nothing else to say but one, final comments. Nate looked up and started shouting, and the press, too, followed in response.

“Long Live Corporation! Long Live the Corporatcracy! Long live Oscalantine!”

Executor Nate leaves without further delay. This was indeed a sore. Civa Orchestra was mobilizing, and that meant that something was brewing. There was no need to delay… Oscalantine must prepare for invaders.
Back to top Go down
Civa-Orchestra

Civa-Orchestra

PostSubject: Re: International Neutrality Eliminated   International Neutrality Eliminated EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 11:52 pm

"My Lord." Two syllables resonated from Lord-General Dante La Santia's lips. He was on one knee with his head bowed. Directly in front of him was Lord-Protector Rico d'Avrès, who was fiddling with a chessboard. Contrary to his public appearance, his gray eyes weren't kind and caring. They were cold and cunning, he hadn't been chosen as Lord-Protector for his good looks. He gave a grin as he watched La Santia bow in front of him. The people of the Protectorate would slit their own throat if he asked them to. He loved this kind of loyalty.

"Yes?" The Lord-Protector's strong voice had a powerful presence of authority. One had to struggle not to follow his every word as if it was the sweetest music ever heard. La Santia proceeded to look up.

"The VBO are taking their positions at our borders. It was wise to prepare an entire army long before the legislation passed."

The Lord-Protector only smiled. "Of course. This is the perfect opportunity for our enemies to make their move."

"Enemies?"

"Yes... Those that prey upon the weak. Once Hijjma fell apart, they were upon it like a vulture on a corpse..." He paused before continuing. "I hope that training will continue without a hitch. We have no time for errors. Even one enemy could be deadly. . . in these times. Proceed with rapid militarization, just take it slow. We don't want to pose a threat to any nation of Tiberiam. That would be a costly mistake. Especially in our condition."

La Santia nodded his head. "Everything is going according to plan. Also, many of the nations have gotten word of our new stance on international politics. Only Oscalantine has commented on it."

"Not surprising. In fact, I made sure get a broadcast of their leader's recent speech." He put his hands behind his back, and paced up and down the room a little. He could tell that Oscalantine was getting nervous. It was obvious that war was nearly upon them. He had issued the command to raise an army shortly after the North Sea Conflict, in direct violation to Protectorate law. However, it was legal now. "Oscalantine would be a troublesome adversary. Make friends, not enemies, eh, Dante?"

"Of course. I am well aware that their strength far surpasses our own. In fact, I doubt we could hold our own for any long period of time. It'd be suicide."

The Lord-Protector gave a chuckle as he picked up a chess piece. "You act like I am planning to take hostile action against them. Oh no. I may be young, but I am far from cocky. After all, they are lending their support! They won't go back on their word, not after the promise they made their own people. Losing the trust of their own people is the last thing that they'll want. In fact..."

The Rico activated his ear piece communicator. "Send word to the government of Oscalantine, that their offer is both noble and honorable. I believe that it would be most...beneficial for us to conduct a meeting to determine our future together." He turned it off.

"Only a few more moves. That's all it'll take. Then all hell breaks lose." He looked back down at the Lord-General. "You're dismissed." He said as he waved his hand. He had a speech to get to.

____

He looked out upon the crowds of people who filled the square. Rico stood upon a balcony, over looking them all. He cleared his throat.

"For years we have walked within the shadows. We stood by as our neighbors grew stronger, and we grew weak. No more. War is coming, and as your Lord-Protector, it is my duty to defend the Protectorate and her people. I refuse to stand by and watch even one citizen be slaughtered like a pig. If I could do that, then I wouldn't be worthy to even be a citizen of the Protectorate. I'd be less than human. Scum. It gives me a bad taste in my mouth when I realize there are people in this land who wish to continue our path to destruction.

No more. We shall not stand idle, and hope that war doesn't come to us. It will. It is inevitable.

The people of Oscalantine know our pain, perhaps better than anyone else. They extend their hand in support, they are as honorable as any citizen of the Protectorate. That I cannot deny.

The world views us as a dying nation. One that shouldn't be acknowledged. One that is no threat. Oh, how we will open their eyes to the beautiful truth. When they bring war, we will be prepared. We are no longer the "Old Man of Tiberiam". That, I assure you. Tell your brothers and sisters to have no fear for the future. Before long, it will be prosperous and peaceful."

Rico drained his glass of water and looked upon the crowd. His eyes were kind and caring. It looked as if he'd willingly give his life for any citizen. However, he had other aspirations.

"Let it be known that we are citizens of the Protectorate! Proud! Strong! And maybe even a little stubborn." Laughter followed, and even Rico couldn't help but to laugh as well.

"Remember: Peace is War. Victory is Defeat. Death is Dishonor!" He raised his right fist into the air as the crowds cheered. Yes, this was a relatively short speech, but it had done its job. It was merely to inspire the Protectorate's citizens. It had succeeded. The only thing left to do was wait for Osclantine's answer.

He left the balcony with a confident look on the his face.

Back to top Go down
Oscalantine

Oscalantine

PostSubject: Re: International Neutrality Eliminated   International Neutrality Eliminated EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 9:29 am

The war was coming to a close in Oscalantine’s end. HLF was all but gone, and Northern Hijima was under Oscalantine’s control for the most part. Oscalantine has gotten its share of pie and it was content with what it has obtained. But Oscalantine was never content with the current relations with the world. And thus, Oscalantine officials started to dust up the old contents to start spreading its influence across the world. Oscalantine was always on the lookout to create better economic relations with any country, and with first offer in, Oscalantine wasn’t going to let this opportunity go.

Due to the rising conflict in the Hijima Island, Oscalantine had to put treaty with Civa Orchestra in halt. However, with situation comint to a quick close, Oscalantine was now wishing to continue this treaty. Oscalantine officials have been doing their homework. Despite the small population, the citizens of Civa Orchestra had among the greatest spending power in the entire Tiberiam. Treaty and trade agreements with them will create a very prosperous market for Oscalantine’s member companies. Oscalantine, knowing full and well that their high-end products will find market in Civa, was willing to continue the halted relations with Civa Orchestra.

Quote :

TO. Lord-Protector Rico d’Avres
FROM. Executor Nathanial Nestor Kwon, CEO of Nexus Incorporated and Executor of Oscalantine
SUBJECT. Renewing our relationships.

Hello, Mr. Lord-Protector. I am Executor Nate, the CEO of Nexus Incorporated and Executor of Incorporated States of Oscalantine. I hope you are having an enjoyable day and that your people are in good spending mood.

I have seen your broadcast for eliminating the Neutrality Act, and I have also heard your speech calling out to us. There still is the letter that you have sent me concerning the potential meeting. All those have been within my mind, but the recent destruction of Hijima and start of war so close to our country have preventing me form answering the call of friendship. For this, I wish to apologize and to give my answer: Oscalantine is more than willing to support and start good trade relations with Civa Orchestra.

I am planning on sending Mr. B of Oscalantine’s Stockholder’s Council to Civa Orchestra once the date is set. He shall have the authority to create trades agreement in all aspects besides military. Of course, I am sending him with an agenda in mind. I will not hide my intentions that I wish to open up Civa’s market to Oscalantine’s member companies. Mr. B will have the type of products that Oscalantine would like to discuss. In exchange, Oscalantine is more than willing to open up our own trade barriers to allow products made in Civa Orchestra into our market. We are always in need for raw resources as well as various goods that could be provided for us. I also realize that infrastructure construction is difficult in Civa Orchestra due to its temperature. Our member companies are more than willing to set up contracts to build the infrastructures in the city to make your prosperous nations even more prosperous. There are plenty of things to discuss that I cannot say right now, but I can assure you that Oscalatine has unique products that we are sure that it will make both of our nation more prosperous than before.

I apologize that I cannot be there in person. Due to the delicate nature of Hijima Island, I must stay in Oscalantine to act upon critical situations. I also cannot enter Civa due to the situational power that I have as an Executor of Oscalantine. As Oscalantine’s government system puts me in its most influential position, my injury and death could be detrimental to Oscalantine, and although I do not doubt your special tactics force’s ability, I cannot risk my life to enter a country that does not have solidified relationship with Oscalantine lightly.

I would like to also say that five members of Corporate Army will also be accompanying Mr. B in his travels. They will be responsible for his protection in duration of his stay in your care. And please do not let this sound like that my nation cannot trust your nation’s capacity. We just… do not trust you enough yet. Oscalantine’s government system makes each high-ranking official that much important due to centralization of our government. This means that loss of even one person during the foreign mission could drastically alter our political practices. Therefore, because of the situation that Oscalantine currently is in, we cannot risk any of our politicians being lost. I hope you can forgive us for our rash actions, but we would like for the five Corporate Army members to enter Civa Orchestra along with Mr. B.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. We are always open for negotiations, and we wish to make friendly relations with you. Let us both profit from this new agreement, you and I, and pursue the road of economic success together!

For the Corporation,
Executor Nate.

Mr. B is part of the Stockholder’s Council in charge of foreign economic reforms. He is currently Executive Secretary of Rhombiom Corporation, a company specialized in terraform, resource extraction, and construction. The five members of Corporate Army are accompanied by Sir Omega, along with A-155, B-001, A-099, B-002, and A-102.
Back to top Go down
Civa-Orchestra

Civa-Orchestra

PostSubject: Re: International Neutrality Eliminated   International Neutrality Eliminated EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:58 pm

The airport in Orchestrai was moderately busy. Though, compared to other airports within different capital cities, it was. . . rather empty. The various people at the airport included tourists, Protectorate vacationers, foreign students studying abroad, and so forth. Probably your average mix of people. Nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing particularly special. Just the same old, you could say. However, today would stray from the norm. An envoy from a nation to the east called Oscalantine would be arriving.

As you can expect, it's not like most citizens cared about this particular envoy. It's doubtful his presence would ever significantly affect them in any way. If it did, it would long and far off in the future. So, they carried own with their own business, and if you were ask them the name of the envoy, it's very likely they couldn't give you an answer. As for the government. . . it was slightly different. Some had high hopes of dealing with Oscalantine. Likewise, others would rather stay isolated, which they argue, is the only way to avoid international conflict. These two differing views have existed for a long time, perhaps ever since the notion of lifting isolation was ever considered. Those seeking change are known as Liberals. Those that would rather keep the old ways are Traditionalists.

It wasn't long before Mr. B and company arrived in the lobby. It wasn't long before they were confronted by two men, who wore similar masks, and jackets with a symbol of a sword on the back. These were undoubtedly Sword Operatives. Also, the total lack of press coverage was. . .odd.

The operative at the right nodded his head. "Ah, you must be Mr. B! I sincerely hope that you had a pleasant flight."

He made a gesture for them to follow. As they were walking, he spoke again.

"The Lord-Protector and the Council are anxious to meet you. Such a shame that the war had to delay things like they did, eh?" They finally arrived at a car, which looked like something someone one would have driven in another nation 50 years ago. In fact, all the cars were like this. Was the Protectorate's technology fifty years behind everyone else's?

They all got into the simple car, which had seats that were undeniably comfortable. The ride began.

Orchestrai's architecture lacked colors. With whites, blacks, and grays, it was a gritty metropolis. Soon enough, they passed a group of people who were burning a flag. Gracealona's flag.

The operative sighed. "Yes. The younger generation prefers this kind of. . . protesting. Currently, it is legal to do so, though the UPPC is attempting to crack down on it only due to the amount of disrespect it presents. If you were wondering what flags these "protesters" usually burn, they often consist of member nations of the GWA and the EU."

Soon enough, the car stopped in front of an impressive building. "If you'd care to follow me, it's time to meet with the Lord-Protector."

They walked up the large concrete steps, and through the doors. They met very little security, which was very strange since this was a major government building. The operative stopped in front of an elevator.

"Take this elevator to floor 26. Unfortunately, no military or law enforcement personnel are allowed in the Council Chambers. Of course, there is an exception in your case, Mr. B." With a slight bow, the operative and his subordinate walked away.

((I apologize for the quick pacing. I had to speed things along. I believe you've been waiting long enough. ))
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine

Oscalantine

PostSubject: Re: International Neutrality Eliminated   International Neutrality Eliminated EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:41 am

Mr. B of Oscalantine’s Stockholder’s Council is a man of charisma. He is actually the only representative from the Dazz Group, a company that is yet part of the membership status in Oscalantine. Mr. B’s election to the office was not only surprising, but gave a way for Dazz Group to be part of Oscalantine step by step. Mr. B is known for being able to stand firm in the debate tables, and his kind yet demanding atmosphere gives him sort of celebrity status amongst the citizens of Oscalantine. Mr. B has been frequently used by Oscalantine during the time that Oscalantine needs a person to go into a diplomatic mission, but due to unforeseen dangers, unable to get the Executor out of the country. Such was the case: not only was Civa Orchestra an unexplored nation, but the recent events with KingIsaac has made the Executor’s position a little bit more delicate than he wishes for travels. Therefore, he decided to send Mr. B, who was probably more persuasive than he was in terms of negotiation. Mr. B was happy to help… anything that will help Oscalantine in the name of Dazz will help his group get closer to membership status of Oscalantine.

Mr. B, along with his two business officials and five Corporate Army members, one of them including Sir Omega, exited the plane, half expecting press coverage of flashes and lights. However, there was none. The airport was as normal as it could be… it was indeed odd… but then again, Mr. B read that Civa Orchestra has strong sense of order, justice, and honor. Perhaps overwhelming a politician from abroad with media press was not part of that code of proper conduct.

The five Black Figurines took their positions behind the business officials, who, in turn, was following Mr. B. The Black Figurines had light arms as usual, with advanced form of pistols and smaller versions of semi-auto guns. One of them had a grenade launcher, but their arms did not look at all ready for war. These members, apart from Sir Omega, weren’t even all that high in the ranks. This could be seen as a symbol of peace, as Oscalantine believed firmly that Civa would protect the ambassador and his officials if push came to shove. However, there were other reasons, such as Oscalantine using majority of the Corporate Army at the moment in various projects. There is also sort of under-appreciation of Mr. B, as he isn’t from the member companies.

Regardless, Mr. B was glad to be greeted by the government officials of Civa Orchestra, but was rather shocked about the situation. They must be elite operatives in Civa Orchestra… just as Corporate Army was elite operatives of Oscalantine. Mr. B glanced at Sir Omega, who was now standing beside him. His expression couldn’t be seen through the helmet that he had on, but Mr. B could tell the tense atmosphere. Sir Omega was the only one of the IncorporateXXX, or Inc30, that was with Mr. B. If Civa was about to arrest Mr. B… there was no chance for any of them… perhaps save for Sir Omega… getting back safely.

Luckily, the operatives seem to be more than cheerful, whether that was genuine or instructed remained to be seen.

“Thank you. I indeed had a good flight. The speed of travel was quick thanks to our flights being able to get straight into the territory instead of traditional roundabout ways. I believe that Oscalantine has already seen their benefits of Neutrality act being revoked.” Mr. B said as he followed the Sword Operatives.

Mr. B politely nodded at the operative’s opinion. It was true. Oscalantine could’ve still sent him into Civa, but refused to do so… Mr. B has his own speculations, but for now, he decided to keep his mouth closed. Oscalantine’s government then wasn’t exactly at the shape to commit into something diplomatic… but to think that the situation was worse than it seemed sounds a bit shocking even to Mr. B.

The group got onto the car, not really minding the technology standard of the car. There wasn’t really something to worry about… in fact, Mr. B hopped that the things looked as it seemed, as they could provide better goods for Civa Orchestra. Mr. B, however, also feared in his own thoughts that perhaps Civa Orchestra’s citizens were all wealthy enough to afford antique cars and care for them over modern cars. If that was the case, penetrating Civa’s market would not be as easy as Mr. B hoped.

Mr. B looked at the sight out of the window. The city resembled Carnibas in its own ways… although Carnibas was mostly white instead of gray. When he saw the flag burning, Mr. B winced, but soon regained the composure. Oscalantine’s citizens preferred to express their discontent with votes and media, while protests were outlawed altogether under the civil disorders acts.

“Flag burning is frequently shown in Oscalantine as well, although it is done in talk shows. I have never seen one that was not supervised.” Mr. B said as he examined the ceremony, “But I cannot help but to think that this is efficient way to show the government your discontent, instead of our way of creating media fest and votes out of it. Perhaps… it is we that need to learn a thing or two about this.”

Soon, the car stopped at the impressive building. Mr. B was awed at the structure, but even more so at such a tightly guarded security. Of course, while there seemed to be no security and the building seemed to be as open as it can be, Mr. B knew that the best security building would have as much unnoticeable operatives hidden in the corners. There was few buildings like this in Oscalantine… in fact, just one: Melcoba Manor. Such a maximum security surprised Mr. B, and it seemed like the Corporate Army was also a little uncomfortable. The members did not show, but they were acting a little more rigid than their normal, fluid motions. Mr. B couldn’t help but to think that the only person that he could rely on would be Sir Omega if the situation went badly.

“Thank you, operative. Let’s all hope that our two country’s meeting would be successful.” Mr. B said as he got on the elevator. The two business officials went into the elevators as well, but not the guards. Actually, it was Sir Omega that stopped everyone else from entering the elevator.

“Mr. B,” Sir Omega said, “I believe that it is best interest for everyone here to obey the law of this land. As a military officials, we of the Corporate Army will not accompany you.”

Other Corporate Army members look surprised, but they obeyed his superior’s orders. Sir Omega seemed to have come into a conclusion that Oscalantine has underestimated Civa Orchestra. It was wrong of them to surround Mr. B with “boy scouts,” or what the veterans called the third generation of the Corporate Army, the children that were bred to be part of Corporate Army. They could handle the weapons and programs better than other generations, but they lacked the mental capacity to outwit and think in the surprise-case situations. In other words, they will not be able to protect Mr. B when the case came. It was better… and perhaps more efficient… to let Mr. B be protected under the mercy of Civa Orchestra than to allow the Corporate Army to do a half-assed job.

“’ay you be safe, Mr. B. We’ll see you when you are finished.” Sir Omega said, “We’ll be leavin’ to Plot 28 to reinforce the situation. I ‘ave a’ready contacted Madam Alpha. She’ll reassign your guards to fit the situation.” And with that, Sir Omega bowed and left, and the rest of the Corporate Army followed.

“…” Mr. B agreed at the situation, but never thought that Sir Omega would find the answer so quickly. Regardless, Mr. B pressed the floor, and the door slid close and went up to floor 26.
Back to top Go down
Civa-Orchestra

Civa-Orchestra

PostSubject: Re: International Neutrality Eliminated   International Neutrality Eliminated EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:51 pm

"Interesting. I wonder what the gods have in store for both of our nations." The operative said to himself as he walked away. He took off his mask, and handed it to the other operative. His features were striking, and maybe even a little intimidating. He wasn't exactly handsome, for his jaw was square, his face was craggy, and he had shaggy brown hair. Judging by his appearance, he was in his late thirties.

"Shame that my actions will delay the negotiations. My curiosity just got the best of me." The operative, who was actually not an operative, said in a light accent. They took a corner through the crowded halls of the building, with most people oblivious to the presence. He liked this. . . he preferred to blend in more than anything else. It saved many headaches in the long run. The man enjoyed to have things run smoothly. Who didn't?

"As did mine." The other operative, who had been completely silent during the car ride with Mr. B, replied. "He didn't appear to be overly suspicious. I'm a bit surprised that he failed to see through our cheap disguises." With that, he took off his mask. The only signs of aging he showed was his slowly graying hair.

The first man only gave a sigh. "You can hardly berate him for his ignorance. He had nothing to go by." They continued to walk until they reached a room, it appeared to be separate from the rest of the building. The color scheme of this section of the building was different. More brighter. . . in a way.

"Perhaps. However, it was his duty to do the appropriate research on the Protectorate. It only shows his apat-"

The first man had grabbed the second man's arm. Though the second man was at least a head and a half taller than the first man, he seemed to fear him.

The first man only gave a reassuring smile and spoke. "It matters not friend. Now, enough talk! We must get ready."

They entered the room and closed the door behind them.

__

When Mr. B first laid his eyes on the Council Chambers, the first thing he probably noticed was the calming architecture. It was simple. . . yet stunning. Soothing colors, blending arcs, smart geometry, it wasn't built in ill taste. The room was huge, with two large oak tables wrapping around the room, with opening from the front and back. In the center of the room was a simple podium in the center. Obviously, the Protectorate cared much about simplicity, undoubtedly another part of their sense of honor.

This room was intended to comfortably sit all the Governor-Generals, the Lord-Protector's Council (his cabinet), and a few other people of importance. The Governor-Generals seldom meet here, save for a few times every decade. It seemed that all the cabinet members were present.

One of the men rose. He must have held a position of high rank by the look of his clothing (and work jacket), and the armor he wore. He was the Overseer of State, but he could have easily been mistaken for the Lord-Protector himself.

"Ah, Mr. B! The Council would like to formerly greet you." As he finished his words, he gave a quick bow. "The strange thing is. . . I was told that the Lord-Protector and Lord-General were planning to meet you personally. . . I assumed that they were to accompany you here. Is that not the case?" The rest of the Council members nodded their heads in agreement. Where exactly were the two most powerful men in the Protectorate?

Back to top Go down
Oscalantine

Oscalantine

PostSubject: Re: International Neutrality Eliminated   International Neutrality Eliminated EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 7:55 am

“Sir! Why are we leaving?” one of the Corporate Army members have asked Sir Omega. Sir Omega saw all but TWO of the operatives, and he was confident that there was no way that they, the elites of Oscalantine, could protect Mr. B and his officials.

“Have you not noticed… that those two ‘operatives’ were too talkative for an elite black ops?” Sir Omega stated. Oddly, there was usual accept coming from Sir Omega… a sign of his agitation.

“I thought that it was natural for a backwat –“ the member started.

“And that is the reason behind all this.” Sir Omega interrupted as he turned around and grasped the young member’s shoulder, “You, me, and the entire Oscalantine underestimated them. They were higher than the guards that they let on. One was a little fishy, but the other… the one that talked to Mr. B throughout the whole trip… was not someone that received a training to kill.”

Sir Omega turned around and sighed… disappointed at himself for not realizing things sooner and requesting for backup before they left the airport.

“Oh he might have received the training, but it was obvious that he was higher than the operative status. They both carried themselves a bit differently… and have you noticed any guards besides those two?”

“No, sir.” The member replied.

“EXACTLY!” Sir Omega exclaimed, “No one noticed any guards. Not I, not you, not even Mr. B. If they were such a high-ranked officers, why were there no guards? Think, man, why can these important figures be able to disguise themselves and walk around like they were playing a game?”

“Civa-Orchestra is a land is unlike any nations that we have ever seen. They hide behind their antique cars and ‘backwater’ banners, but that is just a shroud veiling a beast that can control the entire population just by willing it. Let’s get going to somewhere where we won’t be noticed. We shall depart and leave Mr. B in their capable hands.” Sir Omega said as he walked forward.

Mr. B finally understood the situation. His secretaries were a little less enlightened, but that did not matter. Mr. B wondered if his assumptions were true.

“Alas, I have yet to meet them. I have been greeted by the two Sword Operatives, and they were very helpful.” Mr. B said, half lying to himself, “Regardless, let us get the meeting started. There are many things to discuss. I am sure that Lord-Protector and Lord-General will be joining us shortly.”

Mr. B cleared his throat as he opened his suit case. From the case he took out documents and rather large LED screen. Mr. B turned on the LED screen and shifted a few buttons, and then produced a remote from the bag that he was carrying and pressed play. The flag of Oscalantine showed on, with menu screen.

“I shall replay the video if Lord-Protector requests. For now, may I please have your attention, I shall relay the message of my Executor.”

Mr. B pressed “play” once more, and the screen faded into the footage of Oscalantine’s Executor sitting in his IORoom (Input-Output-Room) smiling slightly. However, the situation seemed to be hardly bright, as there were multiple people rushing past the Executor over the screen showing how delicate the situation was with the conflict with KingIsaac during the time that Oscalantine sent Mr. B to Civa Orchestra.

Quote :

Dear Delegations of Civa-Orchestra,

Good day and may you find fortune in your endeavors. I am Executor Nathanial Nestor Kwon, CEO of Oscalantine and CEO of Nexus Incoporated. I am displeased to say that currently I am unable to make to your lovely nation, as the council is oh-so protective of my well being that they refused downright to allow me to visit Civa-Orchestra personally. I shall have to change that particular law when times comes… this is so frustrating that I cannot go the a place that I wish due to random reasons of security.

Forgive me. I realize that you are not here to listen to this brat complain about an overly protective adults. The Incorporated States of Oscalantine is thankful that we have been selected by Civa Orchestra to partake in the summit, and we are truly honored that we have been chosen to be the first of nation to be contacted. You must forgive the noise around my office. As you can probably tell from the news, Oscalantine have been having international troubles as of late. GWA and EU barking at each other were rather… distressing. Rest assured, as we have the situation under control now. All we need to do is for me to sign this badboy into action and things would be solved. I shall contact you in more proper and reciprocal channels once I have been done with other matters of state, and perhaps talk with Lord-Protector in detail of the future of our two nations in much greater detail.

In terms of negotiations, a child cannot demand something from an adult. And the situation does not change even if the child may be big in size. We are open to your benevolence. We expect nothing, but we hope for everything. As you know, my nation is always open to trade relations. We would like to develop a better trade routes as well as better Civa-Oscal trade relations and especially in export of copper and Beryl and imports of information technology. Mr. B is fully equipped with all the necessary gears to cope for any situations, and if not, he will have direct like always open with me to discuss the matters instantly.

I hope that our meeting would be found successful, and that we will learn a lot from a nation with such old, honor-bound tradition such as yours. Long live the Corporation, and may our Fortune Triple in the next quarter!

The video ended, and Mr. B spoke:

“As the Executor have stated, I am ready for any questions and requests. Should I find some not within my authority, I already have established a TriN network with both the Stockholders’ Council, Melcoba Family, Nexus Incorporated, Rhombiom Corporation, and the Executor to receive their permission.” Mr. B finished as he stood ready to listen to the demands of the council.
Back to top Go down
Civa-Orchestra

Civa-Orchestra

PostSubject: Re: International Neutrality Eliminated   International Neutrality Eliminated EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 11:34 am

It was common knowledge that Rico d'Avrès wasn't the Lord-Protector. Though it was true that he possessed all the executive powers of the Lord-Protector, it was known throughout the Protectorate that he was simply serving in place of his father. Giorgio d'Avrès had been ill for the last few years, making him unable to rule. He had refused to resign, and he was still alive. Therefore, he personally chose his own "regent", which was unsurprisingly his own son.

It wasn't like Rico didn't have any political experience. In fact, he had served as District 7's Governor-General for several years before being chosen as regent. Perhaps, he had only been elected to that position due to the influence of his father, either way he maintained positive rating during his time as Governor-General. He undoubtedly knew what he was doing.

Giorgio was an old man, so coming down with the illness wasn't surprising. He had been Lord-Protector for nearly 40 years, it was very easy to see that his time was dwindling. It would only be a few months, maybe even a year before he would die and the National Assembly (Governor-Generals) would convene and select a new Lord-Protector. Perhaps it would be Rico. Maybe it wouldn't. Either way, it didn't really matter.

The years went on by and Giorgio held on. It was if he actually expected to get better. He was transformed from a strong and powerful man, one who could simply snap his fingers and anything he wanted to happen would happen, to a withered up corpse who had lost nearly everything that he once had. Sunken so low that it would be impossible to ever get it back. His destiny was to die in his hospital bed. Everyone knew that. . . except for him.

Year by year his condition grew worse. He became more and more unrecognizable. His organs slowly began to lose their function. His brain had deteriorated. He was a corpse with a pulse. So, when his heart finally did stop beating, everyone was shocked. After witnessing him holding on for such a long time, they had come to believe that he would never die. Yes, this was an end of one era and the beginning of another.

_

Rico kept watching his father's lifeless body, almost as if he expected him to spontaneously come back to life and berate him like he always did. But he wouldn't, because he was dead. He took a quick glance of his surroundings. Yes, he was in a morgue. Others would be disgusted of even being in here, but Rico didn't care. He also was apathetic towards the fact that the body of his father was residing with others who had a much less of a social status. He never really cared for the "social gap". Besides, his father was dead. It didn't matter what would be done with the body.

He already knew what would be done. The body would be cremated and scattered in the River (literally the name of the river bordering Orchestrai). The same thing had been done two nearly all prior Lord-Protectors and would be done to all future Lord-Protectors. At that moment, an interesting thought came to his head. Would this be his fate? The only reason he had accepted the position to begin with was because of the love he had for his father. Now that his father's life had been snuffed out, he no desire to continue leading the Protectorate, assuming that the National Assembly would agree to officially name him as Lord-Protector. In fact, all he wanted to do was go back home and rest. The last several years had been the most stressful of his life, aging him considerably. No, he wouldn't be the next Lord-Protector. He had no desire.

With that, he exited the gray concrete morgue, leaving his past with the dead, and preparing for the future.

_

Though Rico's decision to resign was admirable, it was also meaningless. The National Assembly had no intention to elect him as Lord-Protector. In truth, they had several candidates to choose from, but the decision would be belated. The National Assembly wouldn't be convening until another week in Civellum. Even then, they would be arguing amongst themselves for several more weeks, not to mention that choosing the next Lord-Protector wasn't the only item of their large agenda.

With no Lord-Protector (since Rico had formerly resigned), the National Assembly was effectively the ruling body of the Protectorate. Despite that, their position was a tad difficult when it came to Oscalantine, and their representative, Mr. B. It had been Rico's idea to grow relations with them, so when he resigned only a day before the arrival of Mr. B, it a was a bit ironic. Sadly, that didn't make up for the fact that it would they would have to take much different actions if they desired to ever form any kind of trade with Oscalantine. This was something that most on the National Assembly wanted, it meant the spread of Protectorate goods (and possibly ideas) into foreign markets. Oscalantine was merely a stepping stone to the rest of Tiberiam.

Lord-Assembler Augustus Voralis (though still a Governor-General, one is elected as the Lord-Assembler, who is the presiding officer of the National Assembly) pondered this for a moment. It didn't take much thought, in fact, an idiot could easily come up with the solution. La Santia would succeed d'Avrès as a temporary Lord-Protector. That was common practice, and was clearly stated in the constitution which was written many years ago. Of course, his role as Lord-Protector would only go as far as the negotiations with Mr. B and Oscalantine.

"Did you come up with that all by yourself, Voralis?" Alex Trovare (governor-general of District 2) scoffed when Voralis told the National Assembly his solution through a large video conference.

Voralis only gave a slight smile, which was so small, it was almost undetectable. "Well, yes, Trovare. This solution is of the least burden. Besides, it is plainly stated in our constitution, unless you're trying to say that our constitution should not be followed?"

Trovare quickly averted his gaze. When he looked back at Voralis, all he managed to say was, "Well of course not! I'm no fool! Hell, I was only commending you for such a brilliant idea!" He sighed. He had no intentions to get on the bad side of Voralis. Having only been elected only a sort while ago, he still didn't know his place. Besides, everyone called Voralis, "il Serpente".

Voralis nodded. "Then it's all agreed? This will be our course of action, correct?" Besides a few complaints that were quickly taken care of, everyone nodded their heads.

"Good. This video conference is over." With that, his screen went blank. Then, almost if it had been waiting for the video conference to end, his cell phone rang. It was a basic model, about all it could do was call and text, but that's all he really needed. He answered it.

"Hello?"

"Greetings, Lord-Assembler."

"Ah, it's you. I suppose your friend is with you. How'd it go?"

"He didn't suspect a thing."

"Doubtful. You're probably too blind to notice. I have a feeling that he's just playing along. . . You shouldn't underestimate any man. It could prove to be deadly. Moving on, what of his guards?" Voralis acquired.

There was a small stretch of silence before the man spoke again. "They left. Apparently, Mr. B is confident enough to walk amongst us without any protection."

"How insulting. . . and flattering at the same time. They don't fear us, but they have enough respect to leave the life of such an important individual in our hands. Honorable. May I ask where you are now? Also, tell me everything that happened"

"The capital building in Orchestrai." He then proceeded to explain everything to Voralis. The voice came off as a bit anxious, as if he wanted to end this call as quickly as possible and return to the safety of his home.

"Interesting." Voralis hung up.

_

It wasn't long before Lord-Knight Dante La Santia received news that he would be filling in as Lord-Protector at the negotiations with Oscalantine. He didn't care much, since he would have gone even if d'Avrès hadn't resigned. He entered the familiar elevator, and headed up to the Council Chambers. Almost before he could take a step out of the elevator, he was slammed with questions. "Where was the Lord-Protector?", "Why isn't he with you?", etc. It amazed Dante significantly that the council was oblivious to the recent events. Did they live under a rock?

He walked to his seat, removed his beret, and addressed the council. "Pending the recent resignation of d'Avrès, the National Assembly has decided to have me fill in his place." He could see many of the Overseers give him dirty looks, but he shrugged them off. He wasn't here to get angry at some petty politicians. He looked at Mr. B, and told him to replay the video. When it had finished, he gave a quick nod. "I think it speaks for itself when that the Protectorate has very little interest in any resources that Osclantine possesses. I'm not saying that we have no use for them, but by the grace of the National Assembly, I speak for them. We are primarily interested in. . . technology. Please don't take that as a sign of our intellectuals being insignificant. After all, why would you reinvent the wheel when a friend has only just done it? Such a waste of time."

After a round of useless input from the Council, Dante continued. "As you can see that is our main goal at these negotiations. Since we are ignorant about such things, why don't you take the opportunity to speak, Mr. B?" He then gave the floor to the foreigner.
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine

Oscalantine

PostSubject: Re: International Neutrality Eliminated   International Neutrality Eliminated EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:57 am

[[A bit small, and a quite late. Sorry 'bout that, dude... it past my mind when bunch of crap happened at once... I won't make the same mistake again Sad ]]

Mr. B sat waiting as what seemed like political exchange was taking place. Mr. B wasn’t exactly unaware of the political vacuum that occurred just days before him participating in this summit, but he did not know the details. Mr. B also realized that those two Sword Operatives that ushered him into this building wasn’t the average member of infamous Civa-Orchestra’s military, but he did not know exactly what set them apart.

However, Mr. B never sought to pursue these matters. He decided to be purposefully ignorant, as he needed practice to do so. As Dazz Group was ascending into Oscalantine politics, Mr. B will need to take more active role in leading the group into corporate whirlpool that is Oscalantine politics. However, one thing that Mr. B was known for was that he was too sympathetic. While this wasn’t a bad thing… in fact this exact factor won him enough votes to grant him an office in Stockholders’ Council… he did not have enough business-coldness to keep the company’s interest in forefront. This will become more and more problematic in the future as Dazz Group becomes more involved in Oscalantine politics. Therefore, Mr. B took it to himself to learn the ways of corporate politics, and the first thing he was going to accomplish was to neglect anything that did not pertain in business. Whatever happened in Civa-Orchestra did not matter… as long as the interest of Oscalantine… and naturally therefore Dazz Group… was met. Anything else can be secondary.

Mr. B politely listened to the speech of what seemed like the new de factor ruler of Civa-Orchestra. However when the Lord-Knight gave Mr. B his turn, he was hesitant to take the field. Mr. B seemed completely fine on the outside, but on the inside he was baffled by such a strong demand for technology. Mr. B realized that they wanted technological trade, yes. However, what were they referring to? Joint Research? Joint Construction? Import of technological advances? Or perhaps more sensitive area of military technology?

Mr. B waited for a full minute before speaking.

“Thank you for your suggestion. This makes things much clearer to me as to how we should began the negotiation.” Mr. B started, although lying through his teeth about clarity of the situation, “Oscalantine is always open to technological trades. And as you are well aware, we are the leading innovator in Information Technology and automated processing. I believe that Oslose Foundation would be more than willing to enter into Civa-Orchestra to assist in construction of automated factories or construction of fiber-optic networks around your country.”

“However, I believe that you are mentioning more along the lines of purchasing the blueprints to the current technologies in Oscalantine. Many of these areas I am able to discuss. However, certain military technologies, such as thermal laser and stealth submarines I do not have liberty to do so. Therefore, I wish to request that you specify exactly what kind of technology that you are looking for. In terms of civilian technologies, our automated factories’ blueprints can be freely imported to other countries. In addition, Nexus R&D department have recently introduced SI, or Superior Intelligence, into civilian market. Importations of such technologies are plausible. Rhombiom Corporation have recently released the blueprints for civilian-version of terraformer that is being used in military, and such technology is also available for exchange as well.”

“And while the Executor did indeed state that we do not expect anything, such is hardly the case.” Mr. B continued as he cleared his throat, “While the Executor believes that establishing contact with the nation is enough accomplishment, the Stockholders’ Council demanded that I will also rally our requests as well. The member companies of Oscalantine are always looking for business opportunities, as you are well aware, and they would appreciate high-end market being open for business. And while Civa-Orchestra did not have high barrier of trade, the trade routes in between Civa-Orchestra and Oscalantine has always been difficult due to lack of access to major port areas. Therefore, the Stockholders’ Council humbly begs that the nation of Civa-Orchestra to open a major port for Oscalantine civilian trade vessels to dock. This will ensure that Oscalantine goods will arrive in Civa-Orchestra in more efficient manner.”

Mr. B finally concluded and took a deep breath.

“Forgive me, sirs, this situation isn’t all that easy for me. I have been thrust into completely unknown country with old traditions and customs, and then my guards have abandoned their post. I may have been out of lines several times. I do beg your forgiveness, and I hope that my requests and explanations are well received.” Mr. B finished with a small, tiring smile. His two secretaries both cleared their throat, as if they were agreeing with Mr. B’s statement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: International Neutrality Eliminated   International Neutrality Eliminated Empty

Back to top Go down

International Neutrality Eliminated
Page 1 of 1