Tiberiam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiberiam

The official forum of the Judicial Republic of Tiberiam

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Secretary of Culture

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rasvidi
Admin
Rasvidi

Secretary of Culture Empty
PostSubject: Secretary of Culture   Secretary of Culture EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:31 pm

After some discussion with Gracealona, we have decided that Isis Rakael should be appointed to the newly created post of Secretary of Culture.

He will be the head moderator of the roleplay boards and he'll enforce the rules. There aren't really any comprehensive roleplay rules yet, just a rushed roleplay "guide" I typed up like a few months ago. Isis will probably be the one to design a more solid set of rules. He will also mediate disputes that arise during roleplay, IE if one user accuses another of bending/breaking the rules or of being unfair or whatever, then Isis will step in to referee.

Alot of people will probably be asking why we didn't appoint KingIsaac, as it was his flagship legislation after all. Well after some consideration, we realized that he hasn't tried to make a claim on the map yet or participate on the roleplay forums. It just wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to appoint someone completely uninvolved in the roleplay to the position of roleplay minister. That doesn't mean he will never get the position; obviously, Isis won't be in the position in perpetuity, and KingIsaac will definitely be considered for future appointments.

Perhaps term limits for the Secretary of Culture should be introduced, and make it a popularly elected position? It's still a brand new position, with plenty of room to develop!
Back to top Go down
Isis Rakael

Isis Rakael

PostSubject: Re: Secretary of Culture   Secretary of Culture EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:50 pm

First and foremost, thank you for selecting me for this position. I appreciate the trust you have put in me and will do my best to perform my duties promptly and fairly. My first duty as Secretary of Culture is as follows:

Like a Star @ heaven I hereby annex Okeedoekee and take control of all his uranium.

I kid! I kid!

But truly, thank you.

I would like to state that I have absolutely no issue with imposing a term limit on the position. It would be unfair to the rest of the region for me to keep this permanently. I support term limits and popular elections. In the meantime, however, you're stuck with me. Smile At least I've stopped with the obnoxious white text, hm?

Back to top Go down
KingIsaac

PostSubject: Re: Secretary of Culture   Secretary of Culture EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:26 am

hehehe. It's ok. I don't really like being one because its hard especially if in other region you are already a culture secretary.

If you are wondering why I don't involved myself in the roleplay, its because I don't like roleplays that does not have a rule. Only some can enjoy it. That's why I introduced that law. Also, as I said earlier, I am already a culture secretary in other region, so I don't have much time in RP's anymore.

But something you could really depend on me is law-making. I love it. I may not play RPs here but I will be one of the best law-makers here.

I really thought 1 of you(chancellors) will be the culture secretary. But it is also better to have Isis as the culture secretary so that you guys won't be accuse of abuse of power.
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac

PostSubject: Re: Secretary of Culture   Secretary of Culture EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:30 am

wait.

About the term limits, the reason why I put in my bill that chancellors will choose the culture secretary is because they could choose a new SOC anytime. I mean, do you like to remove the best secretary that had ever serve just because of term limits? If he is inefficient anymore, he could be fired by the chancellors and replace him with more efficient one.
Back to top Go down
Rasvidi
Admin
Rasvidi

PostSubject: Re: Secretary of Culture   Secretary of Culture EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 5:22 pm

How about, there is a time limit on terms, IE a term only lasts a month. But as for how many terms you can serve, how about there is no limit? After all, if people constantly elect the same person to the position month after month, that has to mean something, right?
Back to top Go down
Isis Rakael

Isis Rakael

PostSubject: Re: Secretary of Culture   Secretary of Culture EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 6:59 pm

KingIsaac: Feel free to discuss with me your thoughts and views on RP and what sort of rules you'd like to see put in place. I'm always open to suggestions and ideas. I, for one, tend to let RP simply happen and moderate as need dictates. For now, with our limited number of active and RPing nations, rules are indeed needed, but not, I think, to any great degree. That is not to say I plan to do diddly-squat during the length of my term. As time goes on and we grow as a region, we can identify certain issues that creep up and implement rules to stop issues before they happen again. I've found that too many rules tend to cramp things and does not allow for a comfortable and creative outlet. There does need to be order, though. It can't simply be a free-for-all. I understand this. Like I said, I'm always open to hear what people have to say. Shoot me a telegram or a PM here on the forum and I'll be happy to listen.
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac

PostSubject: Re: Secretary of Culture   Secretary of Culture EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:02 am

Rasvidi wrote:
How about, there is a time limit on terms, IE a term only lasts a month. But as for how many terms you can serve, how about there is no limit? After all, if people constantly elect the same person to the position month after month, that has to mean something, right?

aye.

To Isis: Mr. Secretary, I don't really understand our RP system. So I don't have any suggestions yet,
Back to top Go down
Rasvidi
Admin
Rasvidi

PostSubject: Re: Secretary of Culture   Secretary of Culture EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 4:01 pm

There's not much of a system in place right now... really, the only organized things is the plot system for the map (the world map will have sections on it available for claim, which are then divided into numbered plots. People claim the plot of their choice on a first come, first serve basis. People can also annex other plots.)

And then for statistics, each nation divides their nationstates stats by 10 so we don't have like 5 nations with several billion people crammed into a small region of the map. Things that don't get divided are tax rate, exchange rate, GDP per capita and unemployment rate.

Other then that, we have no real organization, structure or even coherent rules for the roleplay. There's work to be done!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secretary of Culture   Secretary of Culture Empty

Back to top Go down

Secretary of Culture
Page 1 of 1