Tiberiam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiberiam

The official forum of the Judicial Republic of Tiberiam

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NX401
Admin
NX401

Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED] Empty
PostSubject: Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED]   Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED] EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:57 pm

TIBERIAM INACTIVITY PREVENTION LAW

Authored by Gracealona, Edited by NX401

IN HOPES, that these steps will help to cure the problem of inactivity that has made it difficult for our region’s government to function.

OBSERVING, that in recent months within our great Judicial Republic of Tiberiam, we have experienced a large amount of inactivity.

ALSO OBSERVING, that many of the nations that move here become inactive within the day of arriving.

HERBY ESTABLISHES, the Tiberiam Census Bureau, TCB, that will host two positions within the region as census workers. There responsibilities will include:
1.) Taking a census of the nations in Tiberiam twice a week to check there last time of activity.
2.) If it is between 7 and 12 days since there last activity, send them a notification warning them that they may be evicted from the region if they do not become active again.
3.) Send a list of nations that have not been active 12 or more days to the founder of the region, Gracealona, who will have the power to issue the ejection as he is the only one in the region with the power to eject nations (due to being the founder).

NOTING, that after the ejecting has been preformed, there should no action of banishment by the founder, unless upon receiving a threat to the Judicial Republic’s being.

REQUIRES, that all nations that will not be active due to vacations, jobs, etc. post the length of their absence so they will not be banned by mistake. Only when this time ends will their inactivity begin to count towards an ejection.

Last edited by NX401 on Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://tiberiam.rpg-board.net
NX401
Admin
NX401

PostSubject: Re: Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED]   Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED] EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:57 pm

i cast my vote for the aye.
Back to top Go down
Gracealona
Admin
Gracealona

PostSubject: Re: Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED]   Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED] EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:04 pm

Well considering that this is my bill, obviously I vote aye.
Back to top Go down
Pitomnik

Pitomnik

PostSubject: Re: Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED]   Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED] EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:16 pm

Well I know I can't vote on this bill since I'm a current chancellor, but I would like to endorse this bill and say that I think it would be good for this region.
Back to top Go down
Donkholme

Donkholme

PostSubject: Re: Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED]   Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED] EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:47 pm

Aye. I support this legislation.
Back to top Go down
Rasvidi
Admin
Rasvidi

PostSubject: Re: Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED]   Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED] EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 11:54 am

I support this legislation, although I'm uncomfortable forwarding all the information to just one person to deal with (the founder). I think once the region gets bigger the job should be more decentralized so it's easier to handle.
Back to top Go down
NX401
Admin
NX401

PostSubject: Re: Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED]   Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED] EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:31 pm

I definitely agree with you, Rasvidi. However, since we are a small region, we have to be prone to the understanding that we need to start somewhere, which i inherently believe that you already know.
Back to top Go down
Gracealona
Admin
Gracealona

PostSubject: Re: Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED]   Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED] EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:36 pm

This is only because the way the region is set up the founder is the only one with the power of ejection. Maybe we'll just have the census workers post the nations getting ejected in the region as well as sending a list to me. That way you can cross check and make sure no others were ejected.
Back to top Go down
Gracealona
Admin
Gracealona

PostSubject: Re: Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED]   Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED] EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:45 pm

I just noticed something, in the last section of the bill it should be "not ejected by mistake" instead of "not banned by mistake" as they will not be banned, only ejected.
Back to top Go down
Pitomnik

Pitomnik

PostSubject: Re: Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED]   Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED] EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 4:34 pm

I'm still intrested in one of these census positions once this is passed.
Back to top Go down
NX401
Admin
NX401

PostSubject: Re: Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED]   Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED] EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 4:53 pm

of course. you have to get elected. These are life positions, yes?
Back to top Go down
Donkholme

Donkholme

PostSubject: Re: Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED]   Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED] EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 4:57 pm

I think it should be a rotated designation of the Senate members.
Back to top Go down
Gracealona
Admin
Gracealona

PostSubject: Re: Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED]   Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED] EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 6:10 pm

Well, when I wrote this I was thinking it would kind of be a voluteer thing. Once you volunteered you would do it forever, unless you left the region or wanted to step down. if you did want to step down you would have to find a replacement so neither post is ever empty.

I suppose I should have put that in the bill...
Back to top Go down
Donkholme

Donkholme

PostSubject: Re: Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED]   Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED] EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 6:22 pm

Get started writing on the amendment. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Gracealona
Admin
Gracealona

PostSubject: Re: Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED]   Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED] EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 7:21 pm

True that. That's my bad guys, a bit of an oversite on my part I'm afraid.

But until I write it, just know that what I wrote above is how I ment to pick census workers.
Back to top Go down
Donkholme

Donkholme

PostSubject: Re: Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED]   Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED] EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 7:41 pm

Let's not worry about actually needing to vote on the amendment, we can assume the change in the final legislation is bona fide.
Back to top Go down
Gracealona
Admin
Gracealona

PostSubject: Re: Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED]   Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED] EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 10:08 pm

Right, NX, maybe just add another section to the bill saying all that and we'll call it good.
Back to top Go down
Pitomnik

Pitomnik

PostSubject: Re: Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED]   Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED] EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 5:59 pm

Hey just an idea for whoever ends up being a census taker, you could use the NS tracker as it keeps track of the last day of activity. Might make your life a little easier since you won't have to visit every nations page when you do a census.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED]   Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED] Empty

Back to top Go down

Legislation: Inactivity Bill [PASSED]
Page 1 of 1