Tiberiam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiberiam

The official forum of the Judicial Republic of Tiberiam

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

International Summit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rasvidi
Admin
Rasvidi

International Summit Empty
PostSubject: International Summit   International Summit EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:45 pm

(This is my attempt at a roleplay thread, I thought I'd post one here because I'm kind of itching for it. The main portion doesn't really concern anyone except Gracealona, so if you don't want to do any long reading then scroll to the bottom and read the quoted section, which concerns everyone.)

Venedikt Pralnikov, Chairman of the Presidium of the Supreme Council, sat at the head of the conference table. Around him where seven other men; to his immediate right was Orel Dementieva, Premier of the People's Commissariat. The six other men were the various elected Delegates from each of the seven republics. Venedikt himself was a Delegate for the People's Republic of Volkhov. Volkhov was a historically powerful region in Rasvidi, and occupied the coastal area. It contained the national capital.

They had all been called here by the chairman for the purpose of discussing international affairs. Venedikt had been concerned about the growing power and presence of foreign entities in the recent decades. While it was undoubted that Rasvidi had one of the most powerful militaries in the region, it definitely did not have the largest or even the best equipped. Of highest concern was the potential rivalry between itself and Gracealona, which had the largest and most easily accessible land border with Rasvidi.

"I call to order this session of the Presidium. May the revolution never falter." Venedikt had a deep, commanding voice. Paired with the ghastly scar that marred is face and left his right eye clouded and blind, it made him appear as formidable adversary. Indeed, he had been the instigator and leader of the revolutionary war that toppled the previous government.

There was a chorus of "Long live the revolution" around the table.

"Comrades, there is an urgent matter to discuss. The foreign powers are growing in number and strength, and we cannot rely exclusively on our military might any longer. Now is the time for our young nation to begin establishing diplomatic ties." Venedikt's words seemed at once powerful and relaxed; such was his way of speaking.

"I believe we should invest more in intelligence efforts, especially for Gracealona," spoke Jorgen Vogt, Delegate of the People's Republic of Vaeringjar. Vaeringjar was another historically powerful region in Rasvidi's south, in the mountains. "While preliminary sources indicate that this nation is poor and underdeveloped, we are unclear as to the relation they have with the nation that colonized their lands. We aren't even sure where or how powerful this nation is."

Venedikt turned his gaze on Jorgen, "Yes. I think it is safe, however, to suggest that we try to maintain a positive relationship."

"Hold on a minute here." This was Nikolai Avilov, Delegate of the People's Republic of Pazyryk. Together with Volkhov and Vaeringjar, these three republics were the most powerful regions in Rasvidi. The needs of the other four republics were typically secondary to them. "We can just cozy up to these people. They have occupied the historical region of eastern Pazyryk. More then half of our glorious republic, and a large chunk of Rasvidi as a whole, is within their borders!"

"Oh shut up, Avilov. Haven't you taken enough of our land for yourselves? Do you need more for your swelled heads?" This came from Jorgen. Vaeringjar and Pazyryk had a long animosity for one another, mostly involving a century old border dispute between the two republics that had never satisfactorily been resolved and had spawned one civil war.

The two delegates stared daggers at one another from across the table.

"Enough bickering. You are not schoolyard children." Venedikt gave them a stern look. "I must side with Avilov on this issue, however. It should be unacceptable to any comrade of Rasvidi that our historical boundaries are occupied by a people who are not even native to the region. But we cannot risk open war with them so soon. What I propose, comrades, is that Rasvidi host a summit in our glorious capital inviting every nation. There we will discuss matters of international importance with each nation and establish our diplomatic ties. Perhaps we can use this as an opportunity to gather information about Gracealona."

There was some silence as the men around the table contemplated this. After a few moments, each Delegate raised their hands, a symbol of agreement to any proposals made to the Presidium. Jorgen, however, did not raise his hand.

Venedikt nodded towards him. "Then it is agreed. At least two thirds of the presidium has voted for this proposal, and Vaeringjar opposition has been noted. State your case before the Presidium."

Jorgen gave a scathing glance at Nikolai before turning to face the chairman. "Chairman, I cannot agree to this. While I greatly appreciate any efforts to make Rasvidi a more glorious nation, all land acquired from Gracealona would undoubtedly be assigned to Pazyryk. This would make them even more powerful, and we all know how traitorous those backstabbing Abkhaz dogs can be..."

Venedikt held up his hand. "Enough. I will have no intolerance in my presidium. Your case has been noted, and the issue of assignment will be discussed once we have obtained the new lands."

Orel Dementieva cleared his throat, "Very well, then it is agreed. I will get the Commissariat of Foreign Affairs ready for the event. We shall have a grand reception for the nations of Tiberiam. I hereby close this session of the Presidium. May the revolution never falter."

"Long live the revolution" again came from each of the men seated at the table. After Venedikt and Orel had left the room, the rest of the delegates rose filed out of the building.

-----

Quote :
TO: The Nations of Tiberiam
FROM: The United People's Republics of Rasvidi, Office of the Commissariat of Foreign Affairs

To whom it may concern,

The United People's Republics of Rasvidi has extended an invitation to the nations of Tiberiam to attend an international summit in the city of Ulyanovsk. The purpose of this summit will be to establish diplomatic ties between the nations of Tiberiam and to establish a peaceful and cooperative diplomatic environment. Issues ranging from trade to mutual defence will be open topics for discussion.

If you wish to send a delegation, please respond with a letter establishing this and naming the head of your delegation and any issues you may wish to bring to the summit. We look forward to your responses.

Long Live the Revolution,
Yelena Stasova
Commissar for the Commissariat of Foreign Affairs
Back to top Go down
Gracealona
Admin
Gracealona

PostSubject: Re: International Summit   International Summit EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 5:27 pm

(OOC: My nations economy used to be very strong but is currently in a state similar to the Great Depression in the USA, I’m working on bringing it back up but NS isn’t giving me very many issues that involve my economy. Also, I still want to expand my nation into either plot 3 or 11, but not both. I’ll try to work that in somewhere, either that or I’ll start a different thread for that, not sure yet)

It was an average Tuesday morning, after climbing out of bed and getting dressed President Carlton walked out of his bedroom and down the hallway of the Presidential Estate. He reached the end of the hallway and walked into his office, sat at his desk and began looking over the latest reports of the law's congress was currently debating. His approval ratings were falling as well due to the fact that he had recently been so occupied trying to improve the economy he hadn’t been able to do any of the things he had promised in his campaign. He turned his chair around and looked out the window at the tall buildings of Gracemaria that surrounded the “Government Distract”, an area in the center of the city where all the government’s buildings were located. Surrounding the distract on all four sides were the sprawling skyscrapers of the city. (OOC: The Government Distract kind of looks like central park in New York). The city looked impressive during the day, but at night it was revealed just how many of these buildings sat empty as there were no lights in their windows. The recent reports indicated that the nation was headed towards a recovery, but there was still a long way to go. Everyone in Gracealona looked forward to the day when their nation returned to its former glory and their cities once again shined. As he sat there looking out the window, the president’s chief aid walked into the large office with a folder in his hand.
“Hello Mr. President, I have your morning brief for you, and your coffee.” he said
“Thanks Donald, what are the highlights today?”
“The only thing really notable thing is that Rasvidi is hosting a summit for the nations of the region. I included the info they sent out in the brief. Let me know if you want to attend after you read it”
“Thanks, I’ll let you know.” The president took the folder and returned to his desk as his aid exited the office. He sat down, used a letter opener to break the security seal on the side, and began reading the papers it contained. He read through the most recent economic report that was on top and felt encouraged when he saw that the economy was continuing to improve. The next thing in the pile was a packet with a “Classified” stamp on it and the seal of the Gracealonian Navy on the cover. He folded it open to see that it was a map of the current locations of all of Gracealona’s navy vessels. Even in the recession, the Gracealonian armed forces were still as strong as ever and the nation had a very strong military. After closing the packet, the next thing in the pile was the info on Rasvidi’s summit. The president read it over. He decided he would attend, he saw this as a great opportunity to build a relationship with the nation on the other side of the western border as well as the rest of the nations in Tiberiam. He picked up the phone and dialed the extension to his chief aid and spoke,
“Call and have the Presidential Jet ready tomorrow morning for my departure to Rasvidi for the summit, I've decided to go.”
Back to top Go down
Rasvidi
Admin
Rasvidi

PostSubject: Re: International Summit   International Summit EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 1:43 am

(Alright well it seems like it's just me and you. I would have made a reply earlier, but as you may know I'm on vacation. I have some time now, though! I'll roleplay the arrival of the delegation, and you can start off with details specific to your point of view).

"The Delegation from Gracealona has arrived, chairman." The aide stood in front of Chairman Pralnikov's desk, addressing him in a formal yet hurried voice. Pralnikov was examining himself in a mirror behind the desk, admiring his uniform. It was the very uniform he had worn during the revolution, almost 40 years ago. It looked pristine, however, with the exception of a long, white gash running diagonally across where it had been sewn together. It could have been flawlessly repaired, however he had chosen to make the damage permanently visible as a reminder to what he had endured and survived. The gash lined up almost perfectly with the scar on his face.

"Excellent, have the choir ready for the procession. We shall be there within a few minutes." The aide nodded and left the room.

-----

The revolutionary procession was not a small gathering. The Chairman walked at the head of the long line of people, with the Premier behind him and to the right. On either side were the six other regional delegates, three on each side behind the Chairman and the Premier. They were in turn followed by the 82 members of the Presidium council (one for every million citizens), segregated into groups based on their local nationality. The largest group was definitely the Volkhov delegation.

The ethnic distinctions were clear. There seemed to be at least four different ethnic groups. The Volkhovs seemed to dominated by short, fair skinned, dark haired people. The tallest was likely not more then 5'11", with most around 5'5". The bulk of these people seemed to be concentrated here, however there was a large number of them in every delegation.

In the Pazyryk and Abkhaz delegations, the people were mostly a mild, almost tan skinned group with proud noses and dark, curly hair. They could very well have been persians. Again they were found in most delegations, however they were almost completely absent from the Vaeringjar delegation.

The Vaeringjar group was short, not quite as short as in the Volkhov group, but they were much more burly and muscular then their compatriots. Their hair was a light blonde and most had piercing, light blue eyes. Their skin was very light, even paler then the Volkhov group. They had a very intimidating presence. These people dominated in the Vaeringjar, Udmurt and West Mordivian delegations. They were completely absent from the Pazyryk and Abkhaz delegations, however, and these groups were organized away from one another.

The smallest group was definitely in the Komi delegation. They were tall, light skinned and bore similarities to many of the other delegations. They could have very well been the "parent" ethnic group; indeed, the variation within the Komi population seemed to include the averages of the other groups, with the exception of the dark skin of the Abkhaz and Pazyryk. They were sparse, however, and even in the Komi delegation they seemed to be almost evenly made up of the Volkhov ethnicity.

As the procession approached the Gracealona delegation, the Revolutionary People's Choir began to play a moving and inspiring rendition of the national anthem. It told of the struggle of the people to bring down the oppressive government before the revolution, and how the country was rebuilt to be stronger and happier with the hands of every man, woman and child. The performance was accented by artillery fire, converging on crescendos with the instruments. Chairman Pralnikov stopped at the head of the Gracealona delegation.

"Comrade Carlton! It is always a pleasure to recieve you in our glorious lands. We hope you enjoy our country as much as we do." He smiled at the leader, and reach out to give him a patronly hug.
Back to top Go down
Gracealona
Admin
Gracealona

PostSubject: Re: International Summit   International Summit EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 4:12 pm

(OOC: Just for a point of reference, Gracealona is very similar to the US except the nation is much more eco friendly using more mass transport and renewable energy. Other than that I think of the nations as identical besides Gracealona's current economic depression)

President Carlton couldn't help but be impressed by the huge delegation of Rasvidi. The Gracealonian delegation only consisted of the president, a few of his aides, and various security personnel. As Chairman Pralnikov greeted him and opened his arms Carlton returned his hug. Back in Gracealona most politicians greeted eachother with a smile and a handshake so the hug was an unusual greeting for two men who had only just met personally for the first time. No matter though, he had come here to strike up an alliance with Gracealona's neighbor and wanted to get off on a good note. Carlton spoke:
"It's as pleasure to meet you Chairman, I regret that we haven't personally met before. Since my election as president a year ago I have been occupied facing with the great troubles Gracealona's economy has had. I regret to say Gracealona is not at it's best right now, but things have seemed to be gradually improving and I hope we will be back to our former glory in a few years. But your nation seems to be very beautiful and well off and it is a pleasure to be here at this meeting."

Last edited by Gracealona on Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rasvidi
Admin
Rasvidi

PostSubject: Re: International Summit   International Summit EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 8:23 am

(Cool, my country is more reminiscent of the Soviet Union, with much less severe economic restrictions. Religion is illegal, just like it was in the USSR. Basically, there was a revolutionary war about 40 years ago that overthrew the previous reigning monarchy and placed Venedikt Pralnikov in power. There's supposed to be elections every 5 years, with term limits, however he has remained in power this entire time...)

Chairman Pralnikov smiled heartily at the compliment. He knew it was likely a lie, though; the regions around the cities of Rasvidi were ordinarily choked with smog or completely deforested. Rasvidi spent no money at all on environmental issues. Indeed, they did not even have an Environment Ministry or anything analogous to one. The areas between the smog choked and deforested cities, however, was sometimes spectacular and breathtaking.

"I am glad to hear it, Comrade. Might I say that is a pleasure to host your humble nation with us." He didn't mean this comment as a slight, at least not completely. "Come with us, we shall discuss these important issues within our Capital Building. I believe you will be impressed by it's architecture." With that, he helped the President into a car with black tinted windows. He got in next to him, and told the driver to take them to the Capitol.

The building was indeed a marvel. It was immediately clear that the construction was of ancient origin; the marble that it was constructed of had been chipped and worn from age. One of the massive columns lining the sides of the front entrance had evidently collapsed or otherwise broken at some point; it's middle section was completely missing, leaving only marble stumps at it's base and hanging from the ceiling. Pralnikov explained that this building was around 5,000 years old, built by an ancient civilization that gave rise to all modern culture and demographics within Rasvidi. It was several stories high, and expansive. The chairman again explained that it had not always been so large, that it had gradually been expanded and reworked as successive governments where housed within it's walls. He also explained that the damaged column was the result of conflict during the revolutionary war.

As they came near the building, they parked and began to proceed inside.

-----

"Now, to business." Pralnikov was seated at the head of the table, with his delegates and the Premier on each side of him. At the other end of the table was seated the President and his delegation.

"Rasvidi does have some proposals to make. First, we want to establish trade; our primary exportable industry is Arms Manufacturing. We are also willing to purchase, with money, resources from Gracealona so that your economy might help to recover."
Back to top Go down
Gracealona
Admin
Gracealona

PostSubject: Re: International Summit   International Summit EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 11:21 am

Carlton sat at the table and listened to what Pralnikov had to say and then replied
"Well I agree about trade. I propose we establish a free trade agreement between our two nations. As for the arms manufacturing, our military is supplied with weapons by government contracted private industry. They will usually contract the companies that they feel can meet their needs best, and if a Rasvidi company fits the bill best they would be free to contract them. I feel that allowing our nations buissnesses to trade with eachother freely would benefit both our economies.
And as far as you purchasing resources from Gracealona, what sort of resources would you want to purchase?"
Back to top Go down
Rasvidi
Admin
Rasvidi

PostSubject: Re: International Summit   International Summit EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 6:50 pm

The Premier leaned over and whispered something into Pralnikov's ear. He nodded, his expression unchanged.

"A free trade agreement is definitely something we can agree to. We propose that we eliminate tariffs on most goods exchanged between our two countries, however we do ask that we maintain reduced tariffs on certain imports and exports to protect key industries within Rasvidi.

"We are also interested in alternative energies to power our nation. We understand that Gracealona is a very environmentally aware and responsible country; as such, I'm sure your nation must operate at least some nuclear power plants? What I propose is that we import enough enriched uranium and plutonium, free of tariffs, to construct and operate 10 nuclear power plants over the next year. We are also willing to sign contracts to continue this into the future, should we need more power plants, or to continue operation of existing plants. We are willing to spend up to $1.5 Billion annually on this endeavour."
Back to top Go down
Gracealona
Admin
Gracealona

PostSubject: Re: International Summit   International Summit EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 2:06 pm

"Well actually surprisingly we don't have any nuclear plants. Our enviornmental protection laws make it so that mining is basically prohibted it the entire nation. It doesn't really matter though because all there were only limited amounts of gold, silver, diamonds and other precious metals within our borders and all the known reserves were mined before the laws were passed in 1978. As far as Uranium and plutonium only small reserves have been discovered and they are so small we would lose money mining them. And importing it would cost too much as well so nuclear wasn't really an option for us. So once we passed laws in 1996 to turn the entire nation over to renewable energy within the next 10 years we had to perfect cheaper methods of wind, solar, and geothermal generation. We provided grants to companies to do that and by 2004, 2 years before the deadline, various companies had come up with cost effective ways to build solar farms, wind farms, and geothermal plants. By 2006 we had shut down all of our old fossil fuel burning electric plants and replaced them with renewable energy. But we are not completly reliant on solar, wind and geothermal. We also have 3 hydroelectric dams and have just compleated an experimental hydrogen power plant. So as I said we don't have any nuclear technology to offer, but we are willing to build solar, wind, geothermal plants or hydroelectric dams for you for the right price. If you except we will send our companies into your nation to build the types and amount of renewable energy plants you want."
Back to top Go down
Gracealona
Admin
Gracealona

PostSubject: Re: International Summit   International Summit EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 2:18 pm

OOC: Hey just a note, it looks like my economy is back to a decent state. it's still not great but it's not in a depression state as it was. Just for the rest of the RP though we'll say it's still in a depression though.
Back to top Go down
Rasvidi
Admin
Rasvidi

PostSubject: Re: International Summit   International Summit EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 5:41 am

Chairman Pralnikov's eyebrows raised at the President's words.

"Yes, those terms are more then agreeable. We will be willing to contract your engineers to work with our architects to construct these projects. Perhaps the glorious nation of Rasvidi will be able to repair some of the ecological damage that our activities may have caused.

"I am also interested in this... experimental hydrogen plant. Rasvidi has been interested in pursuing nuclear power for some time, but unfortunately we do not have the appropriate resources within our borders to achieve this. We have, however, developed a way to produce Deuterium (Heavy Hydrogen, or 2H) and Tritium (Hydrogen-3 or 3H). I believe, with the technology you develop for your hydrogen plant, we in Rasvidi can adapt it to produce a working nuclear power plant based on Deuterium and Tritium fuel sources. We would be willing to share these innovations for your potential contributions."
Back to top Go down
Gracealona
Admin
Gracealona

PostSubject: Re: International Summit   International Summit EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 4:53 pm

"Okay sounds good. We'll of course have to put this all in writing. Are there any other items you wish to discuss? I really don't have much else."
Back to top Go down
Rasvidi
Admin
Rasvidi

PostSubject: Re: International Summit   International Summit EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 6:49 pm

Pralnikov grinned happily at this turn of events. "No, we do not have any further issues. We extend our highest gratitude at the outcome of these discussions. Long live the revolution!" Pralnikov and his delegation stood and escorted the President out of the room.
Back to top Go down
Gracealona
Admin
Gracealona

PostSubject: Re: International Summit   International Summit EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:35 pm

THE END (I guess, I don't really have anything else to add. We can start our 1950's/Rasvidi Revoloution RP now. Should I start or you? My first post willl be about what Gracealona was like at that time.)
Back to top Go down
Rasvidi
Admin
Rasvidi

PostSubject: Re: International Summit   International Summit EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:41 pm

(You can go ahead and start if you want. Just place a disclaimer at the top of your post to let everyone know that the events in our roleplay have already happened 60 years in the past, and don't represent current events.)
Back to top Go down
Gracealona
Admin
Gracealona

PostSubject: Re: International Summit   International Summit EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:47 pm

Got it, I'll get started
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: International Summit   International Summit Empty

Back to top Go down

International Summit
Page 1 of 1