Tiberiam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiberiam

The official forum of the Judicial Republic of Tiberiam

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Free Trade Agreement

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Oscalantine

Oscalantine

Honor: Advanced RPer

Free Trade Agreement Empty
PostSubject: Free Trade Agreement   Free Trade Agreement EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 7:00 am

Free Trade Agreement.

I think people are actually quite… erm… alienated about FTA. And I cannot blame you. In fact, I had to look them up myself to see how the crap actually works.

So the gist of FTA is this: two countries agree to free up the trade in certain areas to ensure better trade status for both nations. Needless to say, there will be national interests involved. Like for instance… because US has strict policy about FDA (Food and Drugs Administration), so they will be more reluctant to free up agriculture. South Korea, with small beef industry with strong pride in Korean ways, will strongly disagree and refute FTA about beef.

I think this is a good place to start explaining what FTA gets down to. FTA is basically an economic tie. Anything and everything that has to do with economy is valid. For the sake of simplicity, I would venture to say that it would involve acknowledging patens, allowing shift in worker forces, allowing movement of companies and factories, and reducing trade barriers. These all work towards making one or more of the client countries successful. I believe that FTA can exist in multiple countries… like North America Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

Okay, enough of that… I’ll give an example of how I believe FTA should be done… just an example, though. This is not the way that FTA in RL is, and this is not the MUST for every FTA treaty in the RP. Rather, this is an example of optional way to do FTA, just in case.

FTA template wrote:

A – B Free Trade Agreement

ACKNOWLEDGING that Nation A and Nation B has common interest of economic prosperity,

ALSO ACKNOWLEDGING that this paper is a covenant between Nation A and Nation B to alter their legislation according to the agreement signed in this document,

SIGNING that both parties have agreed upon all the areas of this documentation,

AND HEREBY establishing the following:

• I. Yak Tariff in Nation A towards Nation B will be lifted after two months (RL. 1 week).
  • II. Agriculture Embargo of Nation B towards Nation A will be proved null and void starting immediately.
  • III. Reducing Environmental Safety Requirements in Automobiles of Nation B towards Nation A will be lessened from 5-star to 3-star starting next year.
  • IV. Increasing Banana Import Quota of Nation A towards Nation B from 5 tons to 15 tons starting next month.
  • V. Reducing Wheat Tariff of Nation A towards Nation B from 15% to 5% within the following month, and Nullifying the Wheat Tariff within two years of time.

Back to top Go down

Free Trade Agreement
Page 1 of 1