Tiberiam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiberiam

The official forum of the Judicial Republic of Tiberiam

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]

Go down 
+5
Donkholme
Serilaq
Gracealona
KingIsaac
Isis Rakael
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Isis Rakael

Isis Rakael

Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:08 pm

!!!!! READ THE THREAD BEFORE YOU POST, PLEASE. THANK YOU. LOVE, IR. !!!!!
Edit my post again and we're going to have serious issues, Donk.
Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] Fireworks-09-june

My office, my thread. Mind the walls, freshly painted white. Gives the illusion of a larger work space. Secretary of Culture and pretty green, but the office they give you is just atrocious. Where am I supposed to put my rock collection?

This thread is for... ready for it? *gasp!* Thoughts and suggestions! cheers

Thoughts and suggestions for what? For RP! Naturally. Just because I'm the Secretary doesn't mean I have all the answers to all of the problems of the world. I would love to hear the thoughts and opinions of the entire region on some things you would like to see happen with RP. I very much want this to be a community driven thing because RP serves the people. Catering to just what I want or just what the current government wants might not work out too well. So everone, feel free to speak up. Be it rules and regulations or something else entirely. We need an organized structure system for RPing. That's pretty apparent. There's a loose set of guidelines, but nothing concrete.

What would you, as a region, like to see implemented and why? Granted, if it's pretty self-explanatory, an explanation of why would be rather unnecessary, methinks. Still, though, humor us.

Quote :
Like a Star @ heaven I would say that the number one thing RPers should remember is to communicate! With the other members of the RP and with yourself. You've no idea just how therapeutic talking to yourself is. Razz If no one knows what you're up to, it tends to lead to issues. People get grumpy and storm off and it's just a pain in the rump to deal with. Spare me the trouble, please. Talk to each other via PM or telegram or even "(OOC:)" inserts. Whatever you need to do. I've been quite pleased with the telegrams sent to me with generic conversation pertaining to RPs and whatnot. Keep it up.

Rasvidi has a good start.

Quote :
Like a Star @ heaven For economic statistics, divide everything by 10 (including population), except for GDP per capita, unemployment rate, tax rate, and exchange rate. Use this for RPing purposes. NSEconomy may state something different, but that's just not going to fly. If it did, I would simply buy your entire region out from under you and kick you all out. Yay, frightening economies and power trips. Leave the former for NS itself and the latter for Gracealona.

Another couple of rules I would say would be necessary would be:
(Yes, some are just reiterations of what Rasvidi has in the guide section.)

Quote :
Like a Star @ heaven We're not all English majors here. Not all of us can write like the great writers of our time. That said, do try to put at least some thought into what you're writing. I won't hang you for a run-on sentence (you should see some of mine - stuff of legends), but coherency is a must. We need to know what you're talking about. If there's a point you're trying to make, try your hardest to make it.

Quote :
Like a Star @ heaven Warring. It's fun to blow stuff up, but as I just pointed out, perhaps you should talk to the person whose cities you're planning to drop bombs on. It'll spare me a headache. Talk, talk, talk. Agree on something, and have at it. RPing can be fun even if you know the outcome. You don't have to know how everything is going to go down before you start it, but having some sort of plot is generally a good idea. Leads to happy RPers. Happy RPers leads to a happy me. I, quite frankly, like being happy. If you do decide to war, great! I, myself, will most likely get into one at some point. Just make you sure you follow the rules. Militaries, despite what might exist in the world in your head, are not infinite. Most militaries are roughly 3% of a nation's total population. 20%, 30%, 80%... all terribly unrealistic, unless, of course, you are counting those capable of picking up sticks and stones and hurling them at your enemies armored brigades. It just doesn't work that way. Take into account things like military size and your military budget. A 2,000 man army might be better than 20,000 if you have a better military budget. The larger the size of your military, the more it costs to adequately equip and arm them. Please take all of this into consideration before you go picking fights. As stated before, please talk to your RP partner during your playtime.

Quote :
Like a Star @ heaven "dude! i r invincible and i just pwned ur sry butt w/ 20 bajllion nooks!" Neutral For real? Surely you jest. You're not? Seriously? Just... no. Use your head. God-modding is for those who lack the appropriate intellectual power necessary to construct a complete and well thought out sentence. Don't. Granted, there are going to be times where massive nations (such as myself) might prey upon a smaller nation for whatever reason. Just because you have nuclear warheads doesn't mean you are free to have them rain down from the sky upon your enemies. Pretty explosions, but unhappy people and.... yep, you're piecing it together. Unhappy me. However, if parties agree beforehand to wanting to drop 20 bajillion nooks on each other, hey, have at it. Who am I to judge what you do with your nations? Fireworks are fun. Actually, on second thought, don't.

Quote :
Like a Star @ heaven Stick to the modern era unless you're RPing some past event, in which case, indicate it, please. Futuristic stuff hasn't occured yet, so you know, don't. This is the modern era. Phaser rifles, photon torpedoes, flying cars, and star ships (you know what I mean) do not exist yet (though goodness knows that some nerd is working on one in his mother's basement). Please leave them out.

Quote :
Like a Star @ heaven Reality. As with above, stick with it. As much as you want to use the force and go ninja-Jedi on some poor unsuspecting soul with your neon pink lightsaber... please no. I believe this one doesn't need much more explanation.

*shrug* Just ideas and guidelines. Please comment, please add, please share your thoughts. I woud love to hear them. As anti-social as I might appear to some of you, I'm not going to stab you in the eye with an ice-pick if you come harass me via PM, Telegram, or a post here in this thread. I'm actually a nice guy!

What would the rest of you suggest for rules and guidelines and structure?

Last edited by Oscalantine on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:20 am; edited 14 times in total (Reason for editing : 'tis open for business?)
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:26 am

Mr. Secretary,

I suggest that you will be the war moderator. I mean, all results of an attack shall be created by you. Of course, to avoid conflict of interest, you should only remain admin of the roleplay and not participate with it.
Back to top Go down
Gracealona
Admin
Gracealona

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 7:47 pm

I dissagree. I think that that decision should be left to the participants and he should only get involved in case of argument or un-fair RP (something like the "20 bazzilion nukes" thing). Also this would mean he could never participate in any war RPs. Third, I think that would be imparing on the pace of war RPs. Any RP would have to wait for a decision before being able to continue, and if the region ever gets bigger that will be awhile. I'm gonna have to vote no on this one. But I guess it's up to Isis, that's just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Isis Rakael

Isis Rakael

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:40 pm

Excellent. Ideas. I love 'em.

I'm inclined to agree with Gracealona on this. I see no real reason to not include myself in war RPs. In cases where I do decide to war, communication is the key. RPers here in this region are smart enough to use their noggin. Talk it out with your RP partner(s). Gracealona is correct. Attacks in RP are dictated by the agreement of the players themselves. Could I decide? Yes. Do I have the desire to do so? No. It's not a matter of laziness, it's a matter of letting players do what they do best. Communicate. Play. Enjoy.

I do, however, realize the potential dulldrom of this. It's not always as fun if you know beforehand what's going to happen. A system of having someone dictate the outcomes of battles would be interesting. I don't necessarily plan to do it because life dictates I spend time away from the computer, but I won't be Secretary forever either. Someone else can do that.

I'm actually glad this was brought up. Honestly, this is a good reason why I am currently the Secretary. Due to fact that I (let's face it) dwarf every nation here by about 400 percent (and above)... chances are I won't be warring people a whole lot any way. It frees me up to be an impartial mediator when the need arises. But I do want the option.

Thoughts and suggestions sustain me, people, and I'm still hungry.

Great idea, by the way, KingIsaac. I do hope my response to this particular one doesn't dissuade you from further comment and suggestion. I value all input, especially yours for having experience.
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 5:35 am

no. It's ok. I am a freedom of speech and expression advocate.

Back to top Go down
Serilaq

Serilaq

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 12:36 am

This isn't so much an idea on how we should do RP's. Rather, I was wondering if we should have a Vice/Assistant/Deputy/whatever Secretary of Culture. That person could be an objective, outside voice should any trouble arise in an RP involving IR.

That's up to those whose sn's show up in red though.
Back to top Go down
Donkholme

Donkholme

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 9:24 am

Here's what I have to say about roleplaying acts of war...

I believe it should be more dramatic, and political and less "I'm launching 2000 long-distance heavy missiles on your sorry ass!"
To explain, I mean it should be more discussion, debate, suspense, etc. between the parties involved and within the parties themselves. Think of a plot from your favourite political TV drama. (If you don't have one, look up West Wing (Martin Sheen)). There's always drama and suspense and not "OK, lets nuke 'em!"
Back to top Go down
Isis Rakael

Isis Rakael

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 11:51 am

(OOC: For real, Quick Reply button. Get one.)

You are exactly right, Donkholme, and that's sort of what I was getting at with my earlier point of "put some thought into it."

A good example is the current EEE/Rasvidi situation happening in the International section. I was going to get involved as more than just a third party, but I didn't have a fully formed plan/idea for what I wanted to do/how I wanted it to happen, so I ultimately scrapped that idea because it wasn't going to make sense or allow the RP to flow smoothly. Use yer noggins, folks. That's what it's there for.
Back to top Go down
Donkholme

Donkholme

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:07 pm

OOC: Oh, was it in that wall of white text, IR? If so, I didn't read it.
Back to top Go down
Isis Rakael

Isis Rakael

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:37 pm

Donkholme: -.-

Unrelated: I must say that I approve of the new color forums. Will have to go back and make all of my posts standard color now, though.
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 4:30 am

I suggest that we round off our budget to the nearest.

for example, if it is 5 billion, we will just put 5 billion. flat. putting numbers takes time.
Back to top Go down
Rasvidi
Admin
Rasvidi

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 4:33 am

I'm not opposed to this, I already do this when summarizing my budget in roleplay or repeating my budget in other database post (IE my military budget simply says $638.1 billion in my military thread).
Back to top Go down
Isis Rakael

Isis Rakael

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 6:16 am

lol Fair enough. It would sure make life easier when updating our economic statitistics. Works for me.

Good one, KingIsaac.
Back to top Go down
Gracealona
Admin
Gracealona

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 6:39 pm

I have a suggestion. I think that on the regional map that each nation should be limited to one plot per 2 billion people (That would be in NS stats, so that would mean 100 million in tiberiam rp terms). You would be eligible for your second plot after you pass 1 billion. So that would mean:
<1,000,000,000 People------------------------------- 1 plot
1,000,000,000-3,000,000,000------------------------ 2 Plots
3,000,000,000-5,000,000,000------------------------ 3 Plots
5,000,000,000-7,000,000,000------------------------ 4 Plots
>7,000,000,000---------------------------------------- 5 plots
I think 5 plots would be the max for any nation as that would be alot of land and the most I think anyone would need, feel free to dissagree though. This would be how many plots a nation would be entitled to, but they would not have to have that many.

Last edited by Gracealona on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Isis Rakael

Isis Rakael

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 7:03 pm

I tend to agree, Gracealona, but I know our esteemed Rasvidi is adamantly against this. He's all about cramming people into the smallest possible place. No room to move or breath. That sort of thing.

Just pickin' on ya, Rasvidi. Wink

Worth putting to a public vote, methinks.
Back to top Go down
Gracealona
Admin
Gracealona

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 7:07 pm

I would, but I'm a chacellor so I can't Wink . Anyone willing to submit it for me?

And just wanted to put out that I think this will make the map much more realistic. It keeps small nations from claiming 5 or 6 plots they would never be able to support with their budget and small population.
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 7:23 am

Mr. Secretary,

I suggest that you sell military units, so that in war, we really know how many tanks or airplanes or crews do a nation really have not just making numbers of their own.

And also start the award system(richest and poorest nation. most aggressive, etc.) as it is stated in the law that you have the power to do so.
Back to top Go down
Rasvidi
Admin
Rasvidi

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:08 pm

I'm interested in this "award system" but I think you should explain it to us a bit more so we can understand what you mean, KingIsaac. Personally I think it's a good idea to have some kind of categorical rating system available for each nation, so newer nations have a good idea of the "personality" of each nation before interacting with them. It could also turn into a sort of non-aggressive contest were users try to obtain a certain rating for their nation. I know I am actively competing with Isis Rakael for the highest GDP per Capita score Wink
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:55 pm

Well, the award system is on the hands of the secretary including the prizes.

Mr. secretary, again, I suggest that you sell military units, so that in war, we really know how many tanks or airplanes or crews do a nation really have not just making numbers of their own.
Back to top Go down
East Germanias

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 10:58 pm

out of the subject how would you guys feel on having a tiberiam world war to add to the history of tiberiam.
Back to top Go down
Gracealona
Admin
Gracealona

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:08 am

KingIsaac wrote:

Mr. secretary, again, I suggest that you sell military units, so that in war, we really know how many tanks or airplanes or crews do a nation really have not just making numbers of their own.

I vote that instead of "selling" these units, each person outlines their military strength in there database. The secratary would then check them as they are posted to make sure they are at a realistic level and then that's your military. From that point on you have to expand that military only on the consent of the SOC.

Also, is anyone willing to submit my population-land idea for me? I can't as I'm a chancellor Wink
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:52 am

East Germanias wrote:
out of the subject how would you guys feel on having a tiberiam world war to add to the history of tiberiam.

that's what I'm preparing for.
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:55 am

Gracealona wrote:
KingIsaac wrote:

I vote that instead of "selling" these units, each person outlines their military strength in there database. The secratary would then check them as they are posted to make sure they are at a realistic level and then that's your military. From that point on you have to expand that military only on the consent of the SOC.

Also, is anyone willing to submit my population-land idea for me? I can't as I'm a chancellor Wink

that could lead to abuse. and in that system, it is unorganized
Back to top Go down
Holy Edesu SocialistState

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:55 pm

KingIsaac wrote:
Gracealona wrote:
KingIsaac wrote:

that could lead to abuse. and in that system, it is unorganized
I vote no to that system. For example, the EEE homeland will be adequate for all future growth. As my annex is mostly sand, less than 15% of ,my population will occupy that area.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com/

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:56 pm

Rasvidi wrote:
I'm interested in this "award system" but I think you should explain it to us a bit more so we can understand what you mean, KingIsaac. Personally I think it's a good idea to have some kind of categorical rating system available for each nation, so newer nations have a good idea of the "personality" of each nation before interacting with them. It could also turn into a sort of non-aggressive contest were users try to obtain a certain rating for their nation. I know I am actively competing with Isis Rakael for the highest GDP per Capita score Wink
Dibs on 'Most Pious.'

You can have 'Most Godless,' Rasvidi.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]   Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine] Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts/Suggestions [Now Updated by Oscalantine]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next